Sunday, May 24, 2009

Let Me Teach You Something Barack

As America suffers financially, a common question is running through the minds of its people; What do we do? Most of the answers or solutions I hear are based in theory. It seems as though you, Mr. President, and your advisors have settled upon the idea that a bail out is the best route to take for any problem. I don’t see it. I don’t see how our current government spending spree, our dive into debt, is going to strengthen our economy? I fail to see how doubling and tripling the national debt is the solution to increasing our wealth?
I take pride in this country, I take pride in success and so does the rest of America. I’m a door to door sales man. That is what I do for a living. Many people look down at my current profession but I think it’s great! Do you know why I think it is great Mr. Obama? I think it’s great because I helped our economy today. This morning when I woke up I didn’t have an income and so I got dressed and headed out to knock on doors to find one. Do you know what happened? I sold a home security system to a lady that hadn’t planned on buying it before she met me. Because I went out and sold that system, I created wealth in America. I created a job for a manufacturer that made the equipment. I created a job for myself. I created a job for a technician to install the system. I created a job for a lady in a call center that helped set the account up. I created a job for a secretary to organize the paperwork. I created a job for a company to monitor her home. You see, Mr. Obama, while you spend your time trying to share America’s wealth, I’m busy creating it. I am not unique. Today was not unique, it was real. Those jobs were not created on paper or in theory, they are real. So let me teach you something Barak, the next time you feel that your best solution is to redistribute wealth, think instead of a way to create it.

No comments:

Post a Comment